The Editorial Team accepts only texts which have not been published until now in their entirety or in part. The Editorial Team does not return unsolicited material.
Seeking to make sure that the published papers are transparent, reliable and fair, and in order to prevent ghostwriting and guest authorship, the Editorial Team hereby asks the Authors of texts which are submitted to explain, in an appropriate statement enclosed to their text:
- the contribution of the individual authors to the publication (stating their respective affiliations and contributions, i.e. information on the authors of the concept, assumptions, methods, protocol, etc., used to prepare the publication), with the author submitting the manuscript bearing the main responsibility;
- the sources of financing of the publication, the contribution on the part of research and scientific institutions, associations and other bodies (financial disclosure).
The Editorial Team believes that the implementation of a procedure securing the originality of research papers (ghostwriting barrier) will make it possible to avoid initiating procedures to expose and stigmatise scientific misconduct as well as the violation of ethical principles in force in research and science.
The Authors are requested to send a scanned version of the statement regarding the principles related to ghostwriting and guest authorship.
|Download the ethical statement|
Submitting a paper to our journal is tantamount to the transfer of the rights to publish the work in printed form and in a digital format to the publisher.
Please send us exclusively texts which comply with the formal requirements (set forth in the Information for the Authors tab), along with the ethical compliance declaration and the author’s note (available for download in the Information for the Authors tab).
The individual issues of the journal are in part monographic, with the theme announced on the main page.
The Editors do not return unsolicited texts.
Within 3 weeks from the date of receipt of the text, the Editors inform the author about whether they have accepted it for further procedures. The final decision depends on the opinion of two independent reviewers.
All texts intended for publication in the journal are reviewed. The papers that are published are the ones that have obtained a positive opinion at the Editorial Board and have been recommended for publication by the reviewers.
Texts are reviewed in accordance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Basic rules of reviewing publications in Postscriptum Polonistyczne
- The papers suggested for review are those which have been recommended by the editors of the given volume and which have obtained a positive opinion of the Editorial Board.
- Two independent reviewers are appointed for the review of each text, from outside the research body with which the author of the paper is affiliated, and possibly from outside the University of Silesia and outside the Programming Board of the journal.
- The review is provided in the written form and includes a clear proposal that the paper be accepted for publication or rejected. The conclusion concerns each paper. Reviews are confidential. The Editorial Team does not reveal the contents of the reviews either to the authors or to the other reviewer.
- The reviewers decide to approve the paper for publication taking into account, among other things, the innovative approach to the subject, taking into account the existing subject literature, the use of an appropriate methodology, and the contribution of the findings to the current state of research.
- The names of the reviewers of individual publications and issues of the journal are not revealed. Once a year, the journal publishes a list of the reviewers working with it on its website, making it available to the general public.
- The authors of the publications and the reviewers do not know one another’s identity (double-blind review process).
- The final decision to publish or reject the paper is made by the thematic editor on the basis of two external reviews in writing.